Pbrewer

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Science Cafe

I just got back from the Science Cafe talk on black holes given at The Irregardless Cafe in Raleigh NC. I don't normally do an on-line "shout out." But I wanted to thank everyone involved. That includes the staff at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Science, the local chapter of Sigma Xi, the staff of The Irregardless Cafe (which was PACKED), and the presenter Dr. John Blondin of North Carolina State University.

The talk was wonderful, entertaining, and explained concepts in an easy to understand manner. The food at The Irregardless was great and the staff was friendly even while being over worked.

I only wish there had been a projector, as I'm sure John could have blown the audience away with some cool visuals. Perhaps one more local (read Big Boss) beer options at The Irregardless. Really no complaints on the evening at all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home